Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Free Rent

So they put me up in the heart of Roppongi. It's where all the gaijin (foreigners) hang out, and where the japanese women looking for gaijin men hang out, and where the lehman office is. They put me in a serviced apartment for free for almost 2 months. Boy that was nice. Free rent is always nice.
This apartment was my first look at japanese technology. The floor could be heated with a push of the button. The toilet seat is heated with a button. You can run a hot bath automatically with a button. You can blowdry the bathroom with a button. The microwave doubles as a
oven. Awesome stuff. I was very impressed. Could I live here forever?

From my window is a view of Tokyo Tower (the eiffel tower of Japan) and Roppongi Hills (the it place).

Every day I'd leave a messy room and return with it looking brand new. This girl got used to that really quickly. From NY hotel to Japanese serviced apartment? Is this how I've been destined to live? To have bedroom slippers, a comfy robe, and free toiletries waiting for me always? Maybe.

No comments: